BELLVILLE, Texas (AP) - Investigators say an apparent burglary attempt at a closed Southeast Texas grocery store has led to a standoff and three suspects arrested.
The incident happened early Wednesday at a business in Bellville, about 60 miles northwest of Houston. Police responded to an after-hours alarm and discovered the men breaking into a pharmacy area.
Police say the nearly two-hour standoff ended around 4 a.m. Wednesday when the suspects surrendered. One of the suspects who allegedly ingested something from the pharmacy was transported to a hospital to be checked.
Bellville police did not immediately provide further details.
Bellville is a town of about 4,000.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget