BELLVILLE, Texas (AP) - Investigators say an apparent burglary attempt at a closed Southeast Texas grocery store has led to a standoff and three suspects arrested.
The incident happened early Wednesday at a business in Bellville, about 60 miles northwest of Houston. Police responded to an after-hours alarm and discovered the men breaking into a pharmacy area.
Police say the nearly two-hour standoff ended around 4 a.m. Wednesday when the suspects surrendered. One of the suspects who allegedly ingested something from the pharmacy was transported to a hospital to be checked.
Bellville police did not immediately provide further details.
Bellville is a town of about 4,000.
- Updated Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Updated Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking scattered cloud cover with low to mid-80s for the work week
- Abilene locations to offer early voting Monday
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated