SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Three people have died in a house that was one of five houses burned by flames spread by gusting winds near San Antonio.
Bexar County spokeswoman Laura Jesse said the fire Monday afternoon started at one house about one mile southwest of San Antonio and was spread to two neighboring houses, jumped a street and destroyed two other houses.
No identities or descriptions of the dead have been released. No other injuries were reported.
Winds gusting at up to 55 mph drove the flames.
- Abilene City Council to review entire code of ordinances
- Taylor County grand jury indicts 32 on criminal charges
- Abilene women indicted for trafficking meth with children in car
- Outdoor workout equipment now available at Red Bud Park in Abilene
- Abilene City Council approves rezoning for downtown microbrewery