CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Two men and a woman have been indicted on capital murder charges in the shooting death of a Corpus Christi store owner this spring.
The Corpus Christi Caller-Times reports 26-year-old Arturo Navarro, 26-year-old Daniel Garcia and 27-year-old Del Victoria Cavazos were indicted on Friday for their roles in the death of 59-year-old Mostafa "Ben" Bighamian. The three remained in jail Saturday. A jail official did not have attorney information for them.
Police found Bighamian at his store, Tim's Market, with gunshot wounds after responding to a robbery call on April 14. He died at an area hospital.
The three suspects were arrested hours later, less than a mile from the market.
Dozens of community members held a memorial for Bighamian following his death
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash