CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Two men and a woman have been indicted on capital murder charges in the shooting death of a Corpus Christi store owner this spring.
The Corpus Christi Caller-Times reports 26-year-old Arturo Navarro, 26-year-old Daniel Garcia and 27-year-old Del Victoria Cavazos were indicted on Friday for their roles in the death of 59-year-old Mostafa "Ben" Bighamian. The three remained in jail Saturday. A jail official did not have attorney information for them.
Police found Bighamian at his store, Tim's Market, with gunshot wounds after responding to a robbery call on April 14. He died at an area hospital.
The three suspects were arrested hours later, less than a mile from the market.
Dozens of community members held a memorial for Bighamian following his death
- Updated Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- Updated House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- Updated Abilene man accused of molesting 4-year-old boy
- Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Abilene man arrested on child pornography charges
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities