CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Two men and a woman have been indicted on capital murder charges in the shooting death of a Corpus Christi store owner this spring.
The Corpus Christi Caller-Times reports 26-year-old Arturo Navarro, 26-year-old Daniel Garcia and 27-year-old Del Victoria Cavazos were indicted on Friday for their roles in the death of 59-year-old Mostafa "Ben" Bighamian. The three remained in jail Saturday. A jail official did not have attorney information for them.
Police found Bighamian at his store, Tim's Market, with gunshot wounds after responding to a robbery call on April 14. He died at an area hospital.
The three suspects were arrested hours later, less than a mile from the market.
Dozens of community members held a memorial for Bighamian following his death
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated