CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Two men and a woman have been indicted on capital murder charges in the shooting death of a Corpus Christi store owner this spring.
The Corpus Christi Caller-Times reports 26-year-old Arturo Navarro, 26-year-old Daniel Garcia and 27-year-old Del Victoria Cavazos were indicted on Friday for their roles in the death of 59-year-old Mostafa "Ben" Bighamian. The three remained in jail Saturday. A jail official did not have attorney information for them.
Police found Bighamian at his store, Tim's Market, with gunshot wounds after responding to a robbery call on April 14. He died at an area hospital.
The three suspects were arrested hours later, less than a mile from the market.
Dozens of community members held a memorial for Bighamian following his death
- Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits