AMARILLO, Texas - (AP) - West Texas police say a 22-year-old man has been arrested after causing an auto collision that killed three people.
Michael Blaine Kirk of Hereford is being held without bond in the Potter County jail pending his arraignment Saturday. He's charged with three counts of accident causing injury or death.
Amarillo police say Kirk was driving a flatbed truck Friday afternoon when it struck a Lincoln passenger car traveling in the same direction. The truck forced the car off the road, striking a utility pole.
Killed in the wreck were 87-year-old Vonnie Washburn; 91-year-old Charles Washburn Jr.; and 56-year-old Cheryl Dacus, all of Borger (BOR'-gher). The 58-year-old driver of the Lincoln was taken to a hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening.
Online jail records did not list an attorney for Kirk.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated