AMARILLO, Texas - (AP) - West Texas police say a 22-year-old man has been arrested after causing an auto collision that killed three people.
Michael Blaine Kirk of Hereford is being held without bond in the Potter County jail pending his arraignment Saturday. He's charged with three counts of accident causing injury or death.
Amarillo police say Kirk was driving a flatbed truck Friday afternoon when it struck a Lincoln passenger car traveling in the same direction. The truck forced the car off the road, striking a utility pole.
Killed in the wreck were 87-year-old Vonnie Washburn; 91-year-old Charles Washburn Jr.; and 56-year-old Cheryl Dacus, all of Borger (BOR'-gher). The 58-year-old driver of the Lincoln was taken to a hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening.
Online jail records did not list an attorney for Kirk.
- Updated 'Eerily similar' earthquake hit Italian region in 2009
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire