HENDERSON, Texas (AP) - Three Stephen F. Austin State University students have been killed and another hurt in a two-vehicle wreck in East Texas.
The Department of Public Safety says both drivers survived the Rusk County accident involving an SUV and a tractor-trailer rig.
According to an official at Mother Frances Hospital in Tyler, 19-year-old Kevin Garcia of Houston was in serious condition Monday. DPS says an SUV driven by Garcia was hit by a truck Saturday night while making a U-turn on Highway 315. The trucker wasn't hurt.
The three SUV passengers died at the scene. DPS identified them as 18-year-old Patrick Wayne Fagan of Missouri City, 23-year-old Hunter Vance Buck of Bastrop and 21-year-old Kamilla Burgos-Carrillo of Tamaulipas, Mexico.
DPS didn't immediately provide more details Monday.
State F. Austin State is in Nacogdoches.
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death