HENDERSON, Texas (AP) - Three Stephen F. Austin State University students have been killed and another hurt in a two-vehicle wreck in East Texas.
The Department of Public Safety says both drivers survived the Rusk County accident involving an SUV and a tractor-trailer rig.
According to an official at Mother Frances Hospital in Tyler, 19-year-old Kevin Garcia of Houston was in serious condition Monday. DPS says an SUV driven by Garcia was hit by a truck Saturday night while making a U-turn on Highway 315. The trucker wasn't hurt.
The three SUV passengers died at the scene. DPS identified them as 18-year-old Patrick Wayne Fagan of Missouri City, 23-year-old Hunter Vance Buck of Bastrop and 21-year-old Kamilla Burgos-Carrillo of Tamaulipas, Mexico.
DPS didn't immediately provide more details Monday.
State F. Austin State is in Nacogdoches.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills