SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A third South Texas man linked to a sex ring that in 2007 forced a 13-year-old girl into prostitution has been sentenced to prison in a drug-related plea deal.
A judge in San Antonio sentenced 23-year-old Nicolas "Little Nicky" Davila to 15 years in prison.
The same judge in 2011 ordered Davila to serve 10 years in prison for probation violations - including the child rape arrest - after a drug case. Monday's plea deal means Rangel must serve concurrent 10 year terms for aggravated sexual assault of a child, five years for a hit-and-run case and 15 years for a new drug case.
Brothers "Spider" Moreno and Juan Moreno are serving life in prison for convictions in the child sex case.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017