SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A third South Texas man linked to a sex ring that in 2007 forced a 13-year-old girl into prostitution has been sentenced to prison in a drug-related plea deal.
A judge in San Antonio sentenced 23-year-old Nicolas "Little Nicky" Davila to 15 years in prison.
The same judge in 2011 ordered Davila to serve 10 years in prison for probation violations - including the child rape arrest - after a drug case. Monday's plea deal means Rangel must serve concurrent 10 year terms for aggravated sexual assault of a child, five years for a hit-and-run case and 15 years for a new drug case.
Brothers "Spider" Moreno and Juan Moreno are serving life in prison for convictions in the child sex case.
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Abilene woman pleads guilty to aggravated ID theft
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget