SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A third South Texas man linked to a sex ring that in 2007 forced a 13-year-old girl into prostitution has been sentenced to prison in a drug-related plea deal.
A judge in San Antonio sentenced 23-year-old Nicolas "Little Nicky" Davila to 15 years in prison.
The same judge in 2011 ordered Davila to serve 10 years in prison for probation violations - including the child rape arrest - after a drug case. Monday's plea deal means Rangel must serve concurrent 10 year terms for aggravated sexual assault of a child, five years for a hit-and-run case and 15 years for a new drug case.
Brothers "Spider" Moreno and Juan Moreno are serving life in prison for convictions in the child sex case.
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'
- Abilene man arrested for possession of child pornography
- San Angelo meth distribution conspiracy member sentenced to life in prison
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman