MIDLAND, Texas (AP) - Officials say six people remain hospitalized in West Texas after a freight train hit a float in a veterans' parade, killing 4 people and injuring 16.
Midland Memorial Hospital spokeswoman Marcy Madrid said four people are in stable condition and one is critical Friday. Madrid said a sixth patient was transferred Thursday to University Medical Center in Lubbock. Madrid had no details on that woman's condition.
Hospital authorities initially said 17 people required treatment following the Thursday afternoon accident in Midland. Madrid on Friday corrected the figure to 16, saying a person seeking treatment at the hospital who was not in the parade float wreck wrongly was included in the accident total.
Investigators are working to determine the cause of the deadly accident.
- Updated San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- Updated 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams crowd during Mardi Gras parade; many injured
- Updated Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash