MIDLAND, Texas (AP) - Officials say six people remain hospitalized in West Texas after a freight train hit a float in a veterans' parade, killing 4 people and injuring 16.
Midland Memorial Hospital spokeswoman Marcy Madrid said four people are in stable condition and one is critical Friday. Madrid said a sixth patient was transferred Thursday to University Medical Center in Lubbock. Madrid had no details on that woman's condition.
Hospital authorities initially said 17 people required treatment following the Thursday afternoon accident in Midland. Madrid on Friday corrected the figure to 16, saying a person seeking treatment at the hospital who was not in the parade float wreck wrongly was included in the accident total.
Investigators are working to determine the cause of the deadly accident.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck