RENDON, Texas - (AP) - Four people have been killed and several others hurt in a four-vehicle wreck in a North Texas neighborhood.
The Tarrant County Sheriff's Office says the accident happened around midnight Saturday near Rendon, 15 miles southeast of Fort Worth.
Authorities say a mother and child went outside of their home to help when an SUV became stranded. Those two pedestrians were killed when three other vehicles slammed into the scene. The other two people who died were in the vehicles.
Sheriff's spokesman Terry Grisham said Sunday that two people were transported by medical helicopters to hospitals. Several others suffered lesser injuries. Grisham says the debris was compacted at the scene - making it difficult to determine number of victims.
Investigators are trying to determine if alcohol was involved in the wrecks.
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death