SAN ANTONIO - (AP) - San Antonio police say four people were killed and another injured when an 18-wheeler going the wrong way struck a sport utility vehicle head-on.
The San Antonio Express-News (http://cbsloc.al/16U1OwR ) reports that officials say the driver of the 18-wheeler, who was not injured, was arrested for intoxication manslaughter after the wreck late Saturday night.
Officials say four people in the SUV died and another was hospitalized in stable condition.
The names and ages of those killed were not immediately available.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer