OZONA, Texas (AP) - Four people have died on a West Texas highway in an accident that authorities say began when a driver fell asleep at the wheel.
Jessica Marciano of Torrington, 32, of Connecticut, was traveling east on Interstate 10 near Ozona on Saturday when she fell asleep, her car drifted then rolled and came to rest on the roadway.
Authorities say she was freed from the wreckage and was sitting on the car when a tractor-trailer approached.
The rig struck the car, killing Marciano, and then veered into the westbound lanes and struck an oncoming car.
The driver of the second car, 54-year-old Izaguirre Isael of Cuidad Victoria, Mexico, was killed along with two of his passengers.
The injured driver of the tractor-trailer was taken to a hospital.
Ozona is 83 miles southwest of San Angelo.
- Updated 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- Updated $14.25 million lottery prize claimed two days before ticket bought in Abilene expired
- Former Texas teacher arrested for inappropriate relationship with a minor
- Viral photo shows baby on Santa's lap giving sign for 'help'
- Officials: Texas man posing as film director made child porn
- Fake City of Abilene Facebook page removed, unclear who took it down
- Abilene police chief calls solving year-old murder of Abilene realtor ‘very high priority'
- Shipping deadlines quickly approaching for Christmas
- Abilene police buy presents for 'Operation Blue Santa'
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- City of Abilene asks public for feedback on Lake Kirby
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Brown County capital murder suspect waives arriagnment
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Fire engulfs trailer house in Tye
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out