ATASCOSA, Texas - Authorities say five people were injured after a truck hit a carriage that was being pulled by a donkey near a rural town southwest of San Antonio.
Bexar County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Rosanne Hughes says two of those hurt - one man and one male child - were critically injured and taken by helicopter to a San Antonio hospital.
The other three victims were also hospitalized.
Hughes says the accident near Atascosa happened at 2:30 p.m. Saturday when the truck hit the carriage from behind. The truck fled the scene but the driver was caught a short time later.
Authorities suspect alcohol might have been involved.
Hughes says the driver, whose name was not immediately released, could face DWI and intoxication assault charges if it's determined he was legally drunk.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot