BROWNSVILLE, Texas (AP) - Five people died when the sport utility vehicle in which they were riding plunged into a South Texas port basin.
The Incident happened about 4 p.m. Thursday when the truck plunged into the shrimp basin at the Port of Brownsville.
Justice of the Peace Erin Hernandez said the two adults and three children were found dead inside the SUV. Port Police Chief Carlos Garcia said a 14-year-old was taken to Valley Regional Medical Center in Brownsville after being rescued from the water.
Garcia said a heavy crane was used to recover the vehicle from the water, but the reason for the fatal plunge is still unclear.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase