EL PASO, Texas - (AP) - El Paso police are investigating the death of a 5-month-old girl found inside an SUV parked at a high school.
Police spokesman Mike Baranyay tells the El Paso Times (http://bit.ly/15ziNrB ) it's not immediately certain how long the baby was in the vehicle at Riverside High School when her mother found her unresponsive late Friday afternoon.
No charges have been filed.
Police haven't said if the mother was an employee at the school, a student or a visitor. The mother also was taken to a hospital after she became upset and authorities were concerned about her health.
Temperatures reached the mid-70s Friday afternoon. While that's not extremely hot, authorities say temperatures inside a closed vehicle can rise quickly and be especially dangerous for young children.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting