EL PASO, Texas - (AP) - El Paso police are investigating the death of a 5-month-old girl found inside an SUV parked at a high school.
Police spokesman Mike Baranyay tells the El Paso Times (http://bit.ly/15ziNrB ) it's not immediately certain how long the baby was in the vehicle at Riverside High School when her mother found her unresponsive late Friday afternoon.
No charges have been filed.
Police haven't said if the mother was an employee at the school, a student or a visitor. The mother also was taken to a hospital after she became upset and authorities were concerned about her health.
Temperatures reached the mid-70s Friday afternoon. While that's not extremely hot, authorities say temperatures inside a closed vehicle can rise quickly and be especially dangerous for young children.
- Witness to Abilene man's murder names Gootee as shooter
- 2 riding in Bangs bike race to honor fallen Texas officers
- Ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow to speak in Brownwood next year
- Drone taking video of downtown Abilene streets Sunday
- Updated Police fatality report: Car accidents among top cause of death