EL PASO, Texas - (AP) - El Paso police are investigating the death of a 5-month-old girl found inside an SUV parked at a high school.
Police spokesman Mike Baranyay tells the El Paso Times (http://bit.ly/15ziNrB ) it's not immediately certain how long the baby was in the vehicle at Riverside High School when her mother found her unresponsive late Friday afternoon.
No charges have been filed.
Police haven't said if the mother was an employee at the school, a student or a visitor. The mother also was taken to a hospital after she became upset and authorities were concerned about her health.
Temperatures reached the mid-70s Friday afternoon. While that's not extremely hot, authorities say temperatures inside a closed vehicle can rise quickly and be especially dangerous for young children.
- Updated Why some are stealing medications from their pets
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated Police: 2 College Station deaths related to drugs, robbery
- Updated Fried Jell-O among top food winners for State Fair of Texas