EL PASO, Texas - (AP) - El Paso police are investigating the death of a 5-month-old girl found inside an SUV parked at a high school.
Police spokesman Mike Baranyay tells the El Paso Times (http://bit.ly/15ziNrB ) it's not immediately certain how long the baby was in the vehicle at Riverside High School when her mother found her unresponsive late Friday afternoon.
No charges have been filed.
Police haven't said if the mother was an employee at the school, a student or a visitor. The mother also was taken to a hospital after she became upset and authorities were concerned about her health.
Temperatures reached the mid-70s Friday afternoon. While that's not extremely hot, authorities say temperatures inside a closed vehicle can rise quickly and be especially dangerous for young children.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash