AMARILLO, Texas (AP) - Five teenagers have been killed in a fiery wreck after their vehicle ran a stop sign and collided with a tanker loaded with fuel in West Texas.
Authorities say the teens died at the scene and the truck driver was burned over much of his body. The driver, Ezequiel Garcia, is in critical condition Tuesday.
The collision occurred Sunday near Dumas, about 45 miles north of Amarillo.
Authorities said a Chevy drove through the stop sign and the tanker struck the Chevy on the passenger side.
The 16-year old driver of the Chevy, Jacob Paul Stipe, was killed. Also killed were 17-year-old Derrek Lee Hager; 17-year-old Christopher Lee Moore; 17-year-old October Dawn Roys; and her 15-year-old sister Elizabeth Kay Roys.
All the teens were from the Dumas area.
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Updated Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Approaching cold front to bring below average temperatures
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation
- Officials: Texas man kills father during disturbance