SWEETWATER, Texas - Touted as the world's largest rattlesnake event, the 56th Annual Rattlesnake Roundup is underway.
The event, which began Thursday, features snake-handling demonstrations, the Miss Snake Charmer Pageant, various food vendors, and if it pleases your palette, deep-fried rattlesnake.
CLICK HERE for the schedule for this year's event.
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children