SWEETWATER, Texas - Touted as the world's largest rattlesnake event, the 56th Annual Rattlesnake Roundup is underway.
The event, which began Thursday, features snake-handling demonstrations, the Miss Snake Charmer Pageant, various food vendors, and if it pleases your palette, deep-fried rattlesnake.
CLICK HERE for the schedule for this year's event.
- Updated Historical treasures lost, damaged in Italian quake
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene