SPRING, Texas - Six people are being treated for gunshot wounds after two groups of men exchanged dozens of shots outside a crowded suburban Houston club.
Harris County sheriff's officials say between 30 and 40 shots were fired early Sunday in a parking lot across from the club in Spring, just north of Houston.
The nature of the injuries isn't immediately known but at least one of the wounded people was taken by helicopter to a hospital.
Officials say the altercation apparently began with a dispute inside the club. Sheriff's spokesman Thomas Gilliland says it was pretty irresponsible" for the shooters to randomly open fire.
Authorities are searching for the gunmen.
Cars and businesses in the area also were damaged in the gunfire.
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her