SPRING, Texas - Six people are being treated for gunshot wounds after two groups of men exchanged dozens of shots outside a crowded suburban Houston club.
Harris County sheriff's officials say between 30 and 40 shots were fired early Sunday in a parking lot across from the club in Spring, just north of Houston.
The nature of the injuries isn't immediately known but at least one of the wounded people was taken by helicopter to a hospital.
Officials say the altercation apparently began with a dispute inside the club. Sheriff's spokesman Thomas Gilliland says it was pretty irresponsible" for the shooters to randomly open fire.
Authorities are searching for the gunmen.
Cars and businesses in the area also were damaged in the gunfire.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program