KINGSVILLE, Texas (AP) - Officials say six suspected illegal immigrants were killed and nine were injured when a truck being pursued by Kingsville police crashed into a security barrier at Naval Air Station Kingsville.
Jon Gagne, Naval Air Station Kingsville spokesman, said the gate guard tried to greet the vehicle as it approached Wednesday night but the driver sped through without stopping. Senior Cpl. Charlie Ramirez says popup barriers were activated beyond the gate and the vehicle crashed into them.
No victims have been identified. The conditions of the injured were not immediately available.
Kingsville is about 40 miles southwest of Corpus Christi.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range