EL PASO, Texas (AP) - Police in El Paso say seven current and former employees of an auto dealership have been arrested for running a series of illegal schemes that included taking vehicles from the lot and stealing tires.
Authorities said in a news release that managers of a Toyota dealership in El Paso were unaware the seven men were engaged in criminal activity that also included overbilling vendors and operating illegal insurance scams.
The men face charges that include theft and engaging in organized criminal activity. They range in age from 32 to 51 and all live in El Paso.
The investigation by the police department's financial crimes unit began in May when it was determined two vehicles were missing.
The investigation is continuing.
- Updated Person of interest sought in Houston triple slaying
- Updated Police believe deaths of father, 2 kids was murder-suicide
- Texas man sentenced for illegally making guns sent to Mexico
- Updated Texarkana bus assault allegation prompts investigation
- Texas student takes to school gun reported stolen in 2012
- Abilene police: Fake carjacking led to SWAT standoff
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Abilene couple robbed at gunpoint while sitting at stoplight
- Indicted: Man accused of robbing Abilene scrap metal business while wearing ‘Scream' mask
- WATCH: Abilene VFW remembers attack on Pearl Harbor
- Health Department: No bed bugs at Mall of Abilene playground
Copyright 2017 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- School zone signs placed near Brown County Christian school
- Pregnant woman who led Brownwood officers on chase indicted
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out
- Rain hits Big Country, wintry mix in some areas
- Sweetwater teen in critical condition after being hit by pickup
- DPS identifies woman killed in fiery crash last week near Winters
- Man dies in Hamlin police custody, Texas Rangers investigating