PORT LAVACA, Texas - PORT LAVACA, Texas (AP) - A 75-year-old Texas man has been arrested and accused of using a large kitchen knife to stab another man to death.
The Victoria Advocate reports Sunday that Manuel Fuentes Jr. is in the Calhoun County Jail on a $150,000 bond.
Port Lavaca Police Detective Colin Rangnow says Fuentes told authorities he had stabbed 53-year-old Juan Antonio Soto during a fight. Rangnow says Soto was stabbed in the center of his chest. He says alcohol appeared to be a factor in the fight.
Soto was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
It was unclear whether Fuentes had hired an attorney.
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire