PORT LAVACA, Texas - PORT LAVACA, Texas (AP) - A 75-year-old Texas man has been arrested and accused of using a large kitchen knife to stab another man to death.
The Victoria Advocate reports Sunday that Manuel Fuentes Jr. is in the Calhoun County Jail on a $150,000 bond.
Port Lavaca Police Detective Colin Rangnow says Fuentes told authorities he had stabbed 53-year-old Juan Antonio Soto during a fight. Rangnow says Soto was stabbed in the center of his chest. He says alcohol appeared to be a factor in the fight.
Soto was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
It was unclear whether Fuentes had hired an attorney.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash