DALLAS (AP) - A fried Thanksgiving dinner and chicken-fried meatloaf have made the greasy cut as finalists for the State Fair of Texas Big Tex Choice Awards.
Fair officials in Dallas on Tuesday announced eight finalists for Best Taste and Most Creative new foods at the expo.
Judges will pick the winners Sept. 2. All finalists will be for sale during the State Fair of Texas, which runs Sept. 27 through Oct. 20.
The Thanksgiving dinner features turkey stuffed in a ball, dipped in cream corn, rolled in corn meal then fried. The meatloaf slices are coated in chicken-fried breading and then deep fried.
Other finalists are deep fried Nutella, deep fried Cuban roll, Fernie's deep fried King Ranch casserole, the golden fried millionaire pie, spinach dip bites and the Texas fried fireball.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking