DALLAS (AP) - A fried Thanksgiving dinner and chicken-fried meatloaf have made the greasy cut as finalists for the State Fair of Texas Big Tex Choice Awards.
Fair officials in Dallas on Tuesday announced eight finalists for Best Taste and Most Creative new foods at the expo.
Judges will pick the winners Sept. 2. All finalists will be for sale during the State Fair of Texas, which runs Sept. 27 through Oct. 20.
The Thanksgiving dinner features turkey stuffed in a ball, dipped in cream corn, rolled in corn meal then fried. The meatloaf slices are coated in chicken-fried breading and then deep fried.
Other finalists are deep fried Nutella, deep fried Cuban roll, Fernie's deep fried King Ranch casserole, the golden fried millionaire pie, spinach dip bites and the Texas fried fireball.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend