DALLAS (AP) - A fried Thanksgiving dinner and chicken-fried meatloaf have made the greasy cut as finalists for the State Fair of Texas Big Tex Choice Awards.
Fair officials in Dallas on Tuesday announced eight finalists for Best Taste and Most Creative new foods at the expo.
Judges will pick the winners Sept. 2. All finalists will be for sale during the State Fair of Texas, which runs Sept. 27 through Oct. 20.
The Thanksgiving dinner features turkey stuffed in a ball, dipped in cream corn, rolled in corn meal then fried. The meatloaf slices are coated in chicken-fried breading and then deep fried.
Other finalists are deep fried Nutella, deep fried Cuban roll, Fernie's deep fried King Ranch casserole, the golden fried millionaire pie, spinach dip bites and the Texas fried fireball.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase