IRVING, Texas (AP) - The average retail price of a gallon of gas in Texas is down 4 cents from last week.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the average price at the pump is $3.54 per gallon of regular unleaded gas. The current national average is $3.70.
Drivers in Dallas continue to pay the highest average in the state, at $3.58. And drivers in El Paso continue to have the cheapest gasoline, at $3.47.
Gas prices throughout the state were down this week.
AAA official Doug Shupe says in a statement that drivers should pack as many belongings as they can inside their vehicles to reduce drag. He also suggests checking to make sure maintenance is up to date and driving the speed limit.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer