IRVING, Texas (AP) - The average retail price of a gallon of gas in Texas is down 4 cents from last week.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the average price at the pump is $3.54 per gallon of regular unleaded gas. The current national average is $3.70.
Drivers in Dallas continue to pay the highest average in the state, at $3.58. And drivers in El Paso continue to have the cheapest gasoline, at $3.47.
Gas prices throughout the state were down this week.
AAA official Doug Shupe says in a statement that drivers should pack as many belongings as they can inside their vehicles to reduce drag. He also suggests checking to make sure maintenance is up to date and driving the speed limit.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot