HOUSTON (AP) - Retail gasoline prices across Texas have slipped 5 cents this week as some travelers prepare for spring break vacations.
AAA Texas on Wednesday reported the average price at the pump is $3.58 per gallon. Gasoline prices nationwide are also down a nickel to reach $3.73 per gallon.
El Paso has the cheapest gasoline statewide at $3.48 per gallon. The most expensive gasoline is in Dallas at $3.62 per gallon.
An association poll conducted Feb. 25 to Feb. 28 found most respondents are planning at least one spring vacation. The survey found 62 percent indicated making at least one significant budget concession due to high gasoline prices, compared to 61 percent last year.
The survey of 509 Texas AAA members has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.3 percent.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances