HOUSTON (AP) - Retail gasoline prices across Texas have slipped 5 cents this week as some travelers prepare for spring break vacations.
AAA Texas on Wednesday reported the average price at the pump is $3.58 per gallon. Gasoline prices nationwide are also down a nickel to reach $3.73 per gallon.
El Paso has the cheapest gasoline statewide at $3.48 per gallon. The most expensive gasoline is in Dallas at $3.62 per gallon.
An association poll conducted Feb. 25 to Feb. 28 found most respondents are planning at least one spring vacation. The survey found 62 percent indicated making at least one significant budget concession due to high gasoline prices, compared to 61 percent last year.
The survey of 509 Texas AAA members has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.3 percent.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Updated Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer