DALLAS (AP) - A police affidavit says DNA evidence links a suspected serial rapist to an attack in which an assailant shooed away his victim's children before he attacked her.
The affidavit obtained Tuesday by The DallAffidavit describes rapist's approach of 1 victimas Morning News and WFAA-TV alleges a masked man approached a woman Aug. 30 as she walked with her 15-year-old daughter and 9-year-old son on a street in Dallas' Fair Park neighborhood. When he brandished a handgun and demanded money, the boy began to cry.
When the woman fumbled with her shirt for her money, the man told the two children to leave. The masked man then grabbed the mother, ordered her to a nearby alley and raped her.
The affidavit says DNA evidence linked the attack to Van Dralan Dixson, who was arrested Tuesday.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9