DALLAS (AP) - A police affidavit says DNA evidence links a suspected serial rapist to an attack in which an assailant shooed away his victim's children before he attacked her.
The affidavit obtained Tuesday by The DallAffidavit describes rapist's approach of 1 victimas Morning News and WFAA-TV alleges a masked man approached a woman Aug. 30 as she walked with her 15-year-old daughter and 9-year-old son on a street in Dallas' Fair Park neighborhood. When he brandished a handgun and demanded money, the boy began to cry.
When the woman fumbled with her shirt for her money, the man told the two children to leave. The masked man then grabbed the mother, ordered her to a nearby alley and raped her.
The affidavit says DNA evidence linked the attack to Van Dralan Dixson, who was arrested Tuesday.
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Fraternity suspends Texas A&M chapter after student's death
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy