LUBBOCK, Texas - (AP) - Court documents allege that an Amarillo teenager who fabricated her abduction and captivity last month was coerced into prostitution by a man now charged with sexual assaulting her.
An arrest warrant obtained by the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal (http://bit.ly/11CIvaM ) alleges that the 15-year-old girl knew Eduardo Hernandez about three weeks and had sex with him before being pressured into prostitution.
The affidavit states she told the 23-year-old Hernandez she was 19.
It also alleges that when the girl resisted prostitution, Hernandez told the teenager she would comply if she loved him. Court documents also accuse Hernandez of punching her when she didn't make enough money.
Hernandez remained jailed Saturday on a charge of sexual assault of a child in lieu of $250,000 bond. Jail records did not list an attorney.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Updated Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'
- Updated Hundreds in Abilene run 5K race to support law enforcement