LUBBOCK, Texas - (AP) - Court documents allege that an Amarillo teenager who fabricated her abduction and captivity last month was coerced into prostitution by a man now charged with sexual assaulting her.
An arrest warrant obtained by the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal (http://bit.ly/11CIvaM ) alleges that the 15-year-old girl knew Eduardo Hernandez about three weeks and had sex with him before being pressured into prostitution.
The affidavit states she told the 23-year-old Hernandez she was 19.
It also alleges that when the girl resisted prostitution, Hernandez told the teenager she would comply if she loved him. Court documents also accuse Hernandez of punching her when she didn't make enough money.
Hernandez remained jailed Saturday on a charge of sexual assault of a child in lieu of $250,000 bond. Jail records did not list an attorney.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer