SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A witness allegedly abused by a trainer at a South Texas military installation has testified some recruits had to fill their canteens with toilet water.
An evidentiary hearing continues Tuesday for Staff Sgt. Ryan Deraas. He could face court-martial on two charges and eight specifications of wrongdoing at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland.
Airman 1st Class Cody Zecchin testified Monday that Deraas in 2010 told him and other recruits to fill their canteens with water. Some used a sink.
Zecchin said Deraas told him and four others to fill theirs from the toilet. Zecchin followed the order after seeing Deraas push another trainee toward the bathroom stall.
Also, four women testified Deraas had Facebook friendships with them, one of which ended in a sexual relationship.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon