Albertson's LLC is set to purchase Lubbock-based The United Family, a chain that runs 51 supermarkets throughout Texas, including four stores in Abilene.
Albertson's operates more than 600 sites in 16 states, including one location on Buffalo Gap in Abilene.
According to agreement, United will be run as a separate business unit under Albertsons' umbrella, according to the Amarillo Globe-News. In addition, United's CEO Robert Taylor will continue to lead the United subsidiary, the newspaper reported.
"We are all very excited to be joining the Albertson's family, which will provide us tremendous opportunities to invest in our stores and grow," Taylor said in the release. "We will continue to make decisions locally, consistent with Albertson's LLC's decentralized structure, and faithfully maintain our unwavering commitment to our Texas communities, guests and team members."'
United operates three stores in Abilene — on Buffalo Gap, South 14th,Judge Ely, and on N. Willis.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene