AMARILLO, Texas (AP) - An Amarillo man has been fatally stabbed and police issued a murder warrant for his 35-year-old son.
Amarillo police on Tuesday announced the search for Shawn Michael Hooten.
Cpl. Sean Slover said 61-year-old Perry Hooten was attacked Monday night at his apartment. The father was transported to a hospital where he later died.
Slover said police are not sure if the father and son were arguing. No possible motive was immediately released by police.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase