AMARILLO, Texas (AP) - A tree trimmer in the Texas Panhandle has died after being electrocuted while working in a neighborhood.
Amarillo police say the accident happened Tuesday in the backyard of a home when a pole being used to cut limbs came in contact with a power line.
Police identified the victim as 46-year-old Emiliano Garcia of Amarillo. He was dead at the scene.
An autopsy has been ordered.
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon