CARLISLE, Texas - An Amber Alert was issued for an 11-year-old girl after authorities say she was abducted by her mother.
The Trinity County Sheriff Office is searching for Savannah Hurley. She is white, four feet and 10 inches tall, and 120 pounds. She has brown hair, hazel eyes, and pierced ears.
Authorities say a worker with Child Protective Services went to a house Monday to remove the child from her mother's custody. The mother, Shelly Jean Hurley, allegedly became violent with the worker before abducting Savannah.
Shelley Jean Hurley is described as white, 46-years-old, 110 pounds, with blonde hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a brown belt, and a multicolored shirt.
Police say the suspect is likely driving a white 2006 Ford F-150 with Texas license plate number 58NZM4.
They were last heard from in the Woodlands.
Law enforcement officials believe Savannah is in grave or immediate danger.
If you have any information, call the Trinity County Sheriffs Office at 936-642-1424.
For more information, visit the official page of the Amber Alert here.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck