CARLISLE, Texas - An Amber Alert was issued for an 11-year-old girl after authorities say she was abducted by her mother.
The Trinity County Sheriff Office is searching for Savannah Hurley. She is white, four feet and 10 inches tall, and 120 pounds. She has brown hair, hazel eyes, and pierced ears.
Authorities say a worker with Child Protective Services went to a house Monday to remove the child from her mother's custody. The mother, Shelly Jean Hurley, allegedly became violent with the worker before abducting Savannah.
Shelley Jean Hurley is described as white, 46-years-old, 110 pounds, with blonde hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a brown belt, and a multicolored shirt.
Police say the suspect is likely driving a white 2006 Ford F-150 with Texas license plate number 58NZM4.
They were last heard from in the Woodlands.
Law enforcement officials believe Savannah is in grave or immediate danger.
If you have any information, call the Trinity County Sheriffs Office at 936-642-1424.
For more information, visit the official page of the Amber Alert here.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims