DALLAS (AP) - A primary traffic artery in Dallas has closed after a dump truck jumped a median and appeared to come to rest on two cars.
Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said at least one person was killed in the wreck Tuesday morning on Interstate 635 in northwest Dallas. Aerial footage shows traffic backed up in both directions of the freeway for miles.
It wasn't clear what caused the industrial-sized truck to strike and then straddle the median, with one car caught under the truck's front wheels on one side of the freeway and a second car trapped under its rear wheels on the other side of the median.
A person was extricated from one of the cars but there was no immediate word on any other injuries.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances