SEGUIN, Texas (AP) - At least 13 people on a commercial bus have been hurt when the driver lost control and the vehicle crashed on Interstate 10 in South Texas.
Police say the Turimex Internacional bus hit an embankment Monday night near Seguin about 30 miles northeast of San Antonio. Turimex Internacional, which offers passenger service between Mexico and the U.S., didn't immediately comment Wednesday.
Seguin police Sgt. Mike McCann said the bus driver apparently lost control while changing lanes on westbound I-10 . One person suffered injuries believed to be life-threatening. McCann said the dozen other victims have lesser injuries and most were treated and released from a hospital.
Names of the victims weren't released. Officials say more than 20 people were on board.
Details weren't immediately available on the bus destination.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Arizona woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed