SEGUIN, Texas (AP) - At least 13 people on a commercial bus have been hurt when the driver lost control and the vehicle crashed on Interstate 10 in South Texas.
Police say the Turimex Internacional bus hit an embankment Monday night near Seguin about 30 miles northeast of San Antonio. Turimex Internacional, which offers passenger service between Mexico and the U.S., didn't immediately comment Wednesday.
Seguin police Sgt. Mike McCann said the bus driver apparently lost control while changing lanes on westbound I-10 . One person suffered injuries believed to be life-threatening. McCann said the dozen other victims have lesser injuries and most were treated and released from a hospital.
Names of the victims weren't released. Officials say more than 20 people were on board.
Details weren't immediately available on the bus destination.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated