LORENA, Texas (AP) - At least 17 students and staff on a Central Texas school bus have been hurt when the vehicle collided head-on with a dump truck.
The accident happened Monday afternoon on an Interstate 35 access road near Lorena. Lorena police Chief Tom Dickson said the collision occurred when the driver of the southbound truck suffered a medical impairment that caused his vehicle to veer into the path of the northbound Bruceville-Eddy Independent School District bus.
A spokesman for Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center in Waco said 15 students and one adult who were on the bus were treated and released. The woman driving the bus remained hospitalized Tuesday.
Dickson said she had to be extricated from the vehicle.
The truck driver appeared to recover and was not treated at the scene.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget