AUSTIN - (AP) - A Central Texas man is facing charges after authorities allege he threatened a driver with a rifle during a road rage incident and then tossed the weapon into a neighbor's backyard.
The Austin American-Statesman reports (http://bit.ly/H3YFD8 ) 33-year-old Daniel Staley has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and driving while intoxicated.
According to an arrest affidavit, Staley was in his vehicle when he apparently began cursing at another driver Thursday night, pulled up next to the driver and then aimed a rifle at him.
Staley fled after the other driver called 911.
Police say a witness saw Staley go back to his neighborhood and toss an object, later identified as the rifle, into a neighbor's backyard.
Staley is being held at the Travis County Jail on $57,000 bail.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic