AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - A Central Texas man has been charged with killing his wife whose body was found at their home after a call to police about someone dying.
Travis County jail records show 40-year-old Jesus Juan Tamez of Austin was being held Wednesday on a murder charge with bond set at $1 million. Online jail records do not list an attorney for Tamez, who was booked Tuesday.
Investigators say 47-year-old Elizabeth Garcia Tamez was dead at the scene Saturday night and her husband was arrested at the Austin home. A coroner has ruled the woman died from blunt force trauma and was stabbed.
Austin police are seeking a motive for the slaying and investigating whether the husband was the person who called to report a woman was dying.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims