AMARILLO, Texas (AP) - Authorities say a Florida man has been arrested in West Texas after more than 25 pounds of cocaine valued at over $850,000 was found in his car.
Glenn Nolan Richards of Sunrise, Fla., was stopped for a traffic violation Tuesday evening on Interstate 40 outside Conway, about 25 miles east of Amarillo. The Texas Department of Public Safety says a trooper discovered nine bundles of cocaine in the doors of the vehicle. DPS says more than $12,000 in cash also was found.
Authorities say the cocaine was being transported from West Covina, Calif., to Sunrise.
The 69-year-old Richards was charged with money laundering and possession of a controlled substance. He was taken to the Carson County jail where he remained Thursday.
Jail records did not indicate an attorney for him.
- Updated Obama to Trump: America is already great
- Updated Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits
- Updated Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated McMurry professor: Clinton's nomination shows nation's growth