HOUSTON (AP) - The death of 3-year-old Lee'onna Ramirez remained hidden for a year as authorities say her mother kept them at bay with conflicting stories on her whereabouts.
One scenario was that the child was living with her father in Mexico.
Investigators allege Lee'onna's mother, Sabrina Maria Deleon, failed to get her daughter medical help when the child suffered a seizure and died in their Houston-area home sometime last year. They say Deleon then wrapped the girl's body in a blanket and threw her away with the trash.
Deleon, who's 26, remained jailed Monday on bonds totaling $300,000 on charges of injury to a child and evidence tampering.
Her attorney, Rudy Duarte, didn't return calls seeking comment Monday.
Authorities are unsure they will be able to locate Lee'onna's body.
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event