HOUSTON (AP) - Investigators say a newborn girl has survived being wrapped in a plastic bag and abandoned near a Houston-area apartment complex.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office says the baby was breathing on her own and in good condition when she was discovered Tuesday night. Further information on the search for the mother was not immediately released.
A resident reported finding the bag with the baby while walking her dogs near a fence at the apartments in Cypress. Deputies say the umbilical cord was still attached. The infant was transported to a hospital for observation.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9