HOUSTON (AP) - Investigators say a newborn girl has survived being wrapped in a plastic bag and abandoned near a Houston-area apartment complex.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office says the baby was breathing on her own and in good condition when she was discovered Tuesday night. Further information on the search for the mother was not immediately released.
A resident reported finding the bag with the baby while walking her dogs near a fence at the apartments in Cypress. Deputies say the umbilical cord was still attached. The infant was transported to a hospital for observation.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot