HOUSTON (AP) - Investigators say a newborn girl has survived being wrapped in a plastic bag and abandoned near a Houston-area apartment complex.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office says the baby was breathing on her own and in good condition when she was discovered Tuesday night. Further information on the search for the mother was not immediately released.
A resident reported finding the bag with the baby while walking her dogs near a fence at the apartments in Cypress. Deputies say the umbilical cord was still attached. The infant was transported to a hospital for observation.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire