WACO, Texas (AP) - Police say a baby has been shot in the head and an adult wounded in a drive-by attack in a Central Texas neighborhood.
Waco police said nobody has been arrested over gunfire around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday that left several bullet holes in a home. Police are trying to determine what prompted the shootings.
Police said the 7-month-old victim has been transported to a hospital for surgery. Details on the infant's condition were not immediately released. Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said a wounded man has injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
Further details were not immediately available.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth