WACO, Texas - The performer whose song became an anthem following the Sept. 11 attacks will do a benefit concert in the aftermath of a deadly fertilizer plant explosion.
Five for Fighting will perform Thursday night at the Ferrell Center on the Baylor University campus, about 20 miles from the accident site in the small town of West. Singer-songwriter John Ondrasik performed the hit song "Superman (It's Not Easy)" at The Concert for New York City in late 2001.
Five For Fighting's concert was originally part of the school's Diadeloso celebration, an annual student holiday with outdoor events. Baylor delayed the start of those activities Thursday for a time of prayer after the explosion.
The concert is free and now open to everyone. Cash donations will be accepted to support relief efforts.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated