WACO, Texas - The performer whose song became an anthem following the Sept. 11 attacks will do a benefit concert in the aftermath of a deadly fertilizer plant explosion.
Five for Fighting will perform Thursday night at the Ferrell Center on the Baylor University campus, about 20 miles from the accident site in the small town of West. Singer-songwriter John Ondrasik performed the hit song "Superman (It's Not Easy)" at The Concert for New York City in late 2001.
Five For Fighting's concert was originally part of the school's Diadeloso celebration, an annual student holiday with outdoor events. Baylor delayed the start of those activities Thursday for a time of prayer after the explosion.
The concert is free and now open to everyone. Cash donations will be accepted to support relief efforts.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017