WACO, Texas - Baylor University's $260 million football stadium will have plenty of amenities when it opens next month and among them are nearly 250 checkout lines, with some serving premium foods like seafood po'boys and a variety of bacon-wrapped concoctions.
The Waco Tribune-Herald reports the food vendor for McLane Stadium, Savor, has been working since January to develop a premium menu that includes barbecue, Cajun, Italian and other more expensive offerings.
Standard stadium fare, such as $4 hot dogs and $5 hamburgers, will be available. But fans wanting a po'boy will pay $8 and they'll shell out $7 for a barbecue sandwich.
Grabbing a bite should prove quicker with the hundreds of checkout lines at both fixed and mobile concession stands. The former stadium, Floyd Casey, had 54 checkout lines.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated