ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Prosecutors say a Bernalillo man accused of sexually abusing women on the Santa Ana Pueblo during 2014 and 2016 pleaded guilty Monday to two sexual abuse charges in federal court.
They say 33-year-old Anthony Montoya also acknowledged sexually abusing one woman in August 2014 and another woman in April 2016.
Authorities say the victims were physically incapable of declining Montoya's sexual advances.
Montoya's plea agreement calls for him to serve 14 years in prison and register as a sexual offender when he is released from custody.
His sentencing hearing hasn't yet been scheduled.
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene murder victim's family: Suspect shouldn't have chance to get out
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- KTXS Forecast: Windy afternoon with building storm chances tonight.
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals