WACO, Texas (AP) - A blood center that serves Central Texas hospitals says donors are greatly needed due to the massive plant explosion that has injured more than 160 people.
Carter BloodCare said in a statement Thursday that it is sending blood to hospitals treating patients from the explosion in West, near Waco. It says blood "will be in great demand over the next two weeks" as officials work to replenish supplies used after Wednesday's incident.
Police estimate 5 to 15 people were killed in the explosion at West Fertilizer, which demolished many nearby homes and businesses.
Dallas' Medical City Hospital is holding a blood drive starting Thursday morning.
A list of places to give blood is located at http://www.carterbloodcare.org.
- Updated Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits
- Updated Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated McMurry professor: Clinton's nomination shows nation's growth
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police