LUBBOCK, Texas - (AP) - Authorities are continuing to investigate the deaths of a man and woman whose bodies were found in a West Texas mobile home.
Plainview police Sgt. Ernesto Amaya said Saturday he could not release additional information on the people whose bodies were found Friday.
William Mull, the department's chief, told the Plainview Herald (http://bit.ly/14SfswN ) that no cause of death had been determined and officials were working to confirm the identities of the man and woman.
Police were called to the home midday Friday in response to a welfare check at the home across from Plainview High School.
The paper says the Texas Rangers are assisting in the investigation.
Police did not say whether there were signs of a struggle or any violence.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Above normal temperatures continue
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth