WACO, Texas - Investigators believe a man found dead in the water near a Central Texas marina after socializing with friends was a soldier at Fort Hood.
Waco police on Monday identified the man as 21-year-old Jackson Cole Taylor-Smith from the Killeen area.
Taylor-Smith was last seen before dawn Saturday with some friends. His body was discovered Saturday night by a houseboat owner in the Speegleville Marina area of Lake Waco.
Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton says autopsy results are pending. Police initially described the death as questionable.
Game wardens are assisting with the investigation.
Further details weren't immediately released.
Officials at Fort Hood on Monday did not immediately confirm whether Taylor-Smith was a soldier at the post.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account