WACO, Texas - Investigators believe a man found dead in the water near a Central Texas marina after socializing with friends was a soldier at Fort Hood.
Waco police on Monday identified the man as 21-year-old Jackson Cole Taylor-Smith from the Killeen area.
Taylor-Smith was last seen before dawn Saturday with some friends. His body was discovered Saturday night by a houseboat owner in the Speegleville Marina area of Lake Waco.
Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton says autopsy results are pending. Police initially described the death as questionable.
Game wardens are assisting with the investigation.
Further details weren't immediately released.
Officials at Fort Hood on Monday did not immediately confirm whether Taylor-Smith was a soldier at the post.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot