FORT WORTH, Texas - The body of a man who went missing in a Fort Worth lake has been recovered.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that a fire department dive team recovered the body from Lake Worth on Saturday evening. The body was recovered about an hour after the man was reported to have gone under.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the man as 38-year-old Melchor Martinez of Oklahoma City.
The man was at Lake Worth Marina Park in Fort Worth with his family when he went missing in the water.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer