FORT WORTH, Texas - The body of a man who went missing in a Fort Worth lake has been recovered.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that a fire department dive team recovered the body from Lake Worth on Saturday evening. The body was recovered about an hour after the man was reported to have gone under.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the man as 38-year-old Melchor Martinez of Oklahoma City.
The man was at Lake Worth Marina Park in Fort Worth with his family when he went missing in the water.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash