LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - Investigators are trying to determine whether a woman found dead in a burning West Texas duplex was killed by her husband.
Lubbock police Sgt. Jonathan Stewart said officers arrived to find a blood-covered man outside the home Tuesday. Stewart said the man claims he killed his wife then set the duplex on fire.
Names of the pair haven't been released. Police said the man was taken to a Lubbock hospital for treatment of injuries mainly suffered from the fire.
Police did not immediately return a message Wednesday to provide additional details.
No charges were immediately filed.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Phoenix-area woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed