LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - Investigators are trying to determine whether a woman found dead in a burning West Texas duplex was killed by her husband.
Lubbock police Sgt. Jonathan Stewart said officers arrived to find a blood-covered man outside the home Tuesday. Stewart said the man claims he killed his wife then set the duplex on fire.
Names of the pair haven't been released. Police said the man was taken to a Lubbock hospital for treatment of injuries mainly suffered from the fire.
Police did not immediately return a message Wednesday to provide additional details.
No charges were immediately filed.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated