CAMERON, Texas (AP) - Searchers have found the body of a Georgia paraglider in a Texas field the day after a competition was suspended.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says 50-year-old Don Bayliff of Atlanta was dead at the scene.
Bayliff's body and the wreckage were located Monday afternoon in a pasture near Cameron, about 120 miles northwest of Houston.
Authorities say Bayliff took part in last weekend's Lonestar National Paragliding Championship.
Poor weather conditions Sunday afternoon led organizers to call off the championship and competitors were notified to descend. DPS was contacted when Bayliff did not return to the starting point.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family