CAMERON, Texas (AP) - Searchers have found the body of a Georgia paraglider in a Texas field the day after a competition was suspended.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says 50-year-old Don Bayliff of Atlanta was dead at the scene.
Bayliff's body and the wreckage were located Monday afternoon in a pasture near Cameron, about 120 miles northwest of Houston.
Authorities say Bayliff took part in last weekend's Lonestar National Paragliding Championship.
Poor weather conditions Sunday afternoon led organizers to call off the championship and competitors were notified to descend. DPS was contacted when Bayliff did not return to the starting point.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting