HIDALGO, Texas - HIDALGO, Texas (AP) - Border Patrol agents in South Texas have recovered two bodies from the banks of the Rio Grande.
Agency spokesman Enrique Mendiola says the bodies were discovered Saturday in separate operations.
McAllen Customs and Border Patrol officers conducting air support noticed the first body Saturday morning near Hidalgo (hih-DAL'-goh).
The Monitor (http://bit.ly/12VCdjT ) reports an identification card indicated the man was from Honduras.
Mendiola says agents conducting air operations spotted another body south of La Joya (luh HOH'-yuh) early Saturday afternoon. Authorities are trying to identify that person.
Further details weren't immediately available.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash