HIDALGO, Texas - HIDALGO, Texas (AP) - Border Patrol agents in South Texas have recovered two bodies from the banks of the Rio Grande.
Agency spokesman Enrique Mendiola says the bodies were discovered Saturday in separate operations.
McAllen Customs and Border Patrol officers conducting air support noticed the first body Saturday morning near Hidalgo (hih-DAL'-goh).
The Monitor (http://bit.ly/12VCdjT ) reports an identification card indicated the man was from Honduras.
Mendiola says agents conducting air operations spotted another body south of La Joya (luh HOH'-yuh) early Saturday afternoon. Authorities are trying to identify that person.
Further details weren't immediately available.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene