HIDALGO, Texas - HIDALGO, Texas (AP) - Border Patrol agents in South Texas have recovered two bodies from the banks of the Rio Grande.
Agency spokesman Enrique Mendiola says the bodies were discovered Saturday in separate operations.
McAllen Customs and Border Patrol officers conducting air support noticed the first body Saturday morning near Hidalgo (hih-DAL'-goh).
The Monitor (http://bit.ly/12VCdjT ) reports an identification card indicated the man was from Honduras.
Mendiola says agents conducting air operations spotted another body south of La Joya (luh HOH'-yuh) early Saturday afternoon. Authorities are trying to identify that person.
Further details weren't immediately available.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account