HOUSTON (AP) - Houston police say a 13-year-old bystander has been shot in the head during a disturbance as he visited friends at an apartment complex.
Police spokeswoman Jodi Silva said the boy was hospitalized in critical condition Monday. His name and further details on his condition weren't released. The suspected shooter has not been caught.
Silva said the victim was with some other people Sunday night watching two teens fight. Somebody handed one of the two arguing teens a pistol, he opened fire into the crowd and then fled.
Houston police are trying to determine what prompted the fight.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend