San Antonio police say a 3-year-old boy riding in his family's car has died after being struck by a bullet that tore through the trunk.
Police are trying to determine who opened fired late Saturday night from another vehicle that then sped away. Spokeswoman Romana Lopez says police on Sunday were seeking a gold or beige 2000 model Honda Civic in the capital murder investigation.
Authorities haven't released a possible motive for the shooting or whether the occupants of the vehicles know each other.
Investigators say the boy was in the car's back seat when another vehicle approached from behind and someone fired.
Police say the wounded boy, whose name wasn't immediately released, was transported to a San Antonio hospital, where he died.
- Updated Methadone program for inmates to begin at New Mexico jail
- Updated Hospital transfer lags for woman charged in nephew's death
- Albuquerque man facing 13 counts of rape involving teen girl
- Longtime country singer, songwriter Mel Tillis dies
- Family sues after child, 5, killed in rotating Atlanta restaurant
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD